Apart from being the jewel of the Caribbean, Jamaica has a lot of fun, weird and interesting things about it. If you are looking for a few of these interesting fun facts about Jamaica, you are in the right place as below are a few weird but fun facts about Jamaica.
1. Did you know that in Jamaica when you have a baby it is customary to make a rabbit foot filled with frankincense and myrrh to keep evil away from the child? Red clothing, cloth or ribbons are also attached to the baby each day to keep evil spirits away.
2. Jamaicans believe that there is an evil spirit known as a Rolling Calf that will come out and haunt people at nights. Rolling Calves are the reincarnated spirits of butchers and are said to have the shape of a cow, eyes of fire and a long chain that you will hear before you see it. If you should meet a Rolling Calf you better get to a cross road (road junction) before it.
3. Jamaicans believe that when someone dies, you can prevent their spirits from returning home by changing the color of the house, placing a measuring tape over the doors, or by walking into the house back ways.
5. Some Jamaicans usually take a special bath that has a mixture of limes, special salts, unique oils and smelly colored water while reading the bible to help to wash off all the evil.
6. Jamaicans believe in a lot of duppy (spirits), and it is believed that the baby duppy and coolie duppy are the worst kind of duppy around. It is also said that there is a duppy puss (ghost cat) walking around.
7. It is also believed that if you want to have a glimpse of your future on Good Friday, you should place a clear class with water and the white of an egg in the sun. The glass should be put out before the sun rise that morning and you are to leave it and not return until midday to see what it forms.